4 days, 3 nights, 40+ miles in the Weminuche Wilderness in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado.
- Hiked down the Vallecito Trail to the intersection/bridge with the Johnson Creek Trail
- Wonderful views of the Needle Range
- Climbed the Johnson Creek Trail to Vallecito Basin / Columbine Basin
- Got thunder-snowed/hailed on for a few hours
- Climbed Columbine Pass and had wonderful views of Eolus, N. Eolus, Sunlight, and Windom Peaks
- Camped in Chicago Basin. USFS Backcountry Ranger was impressed with the small size and weight of my pack considering the journey I had just completed!